The Thematic Committee CT1 ENVIRONNEMENT covering the following areas :
- Modelling of of past ocean and climate change
- Modelling of planetary atmospheres
- Analyze and assimilation processes for data integration,
- Physics-chemistry of atmospheric composition
- Oceans biogeochemistry
- Functioning and evolution of terrestrial ecosystems (outside biology projects).
The elected researcher representative of this CT can be join at the mail :
Pine Island glacier (Antarctica) dynamics enhanced by an increase of sub-ice shelf melting. This modelling was performed using the open source finite element ice sheet / ice flow model Elmer/Ice (http://elmerice.elmerfem.org/) on the CINES cluster Jade. Results have been published in Favier et al., 2014.
Favier, L., G. Durand, S. L. Cornford, G. H. Gudmundsson, O. Gagliardini, F. Giller-Chaulet, T. Zwinger, A. J. Payne and A. M. Le Brocq, 2014. Retreat of Pine Island Glacier controlled by marine ice-sheet instability, Nature Climate Change, doi:10.1038/nclimate2094.